About Aquarius Shipyard
The Shipyard was originally incorporated on February 24, 2000 as “Aquarius Fiberglass Private Limited” vide Registration no. 24-02819 under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 with the Registrar of Companies, Goa, Daman & Diu. Further the name of the Company was changed from “Aquarius Fiberglass Private Limited” to Aquarius Shipyard Private Limited” on April 15, 2015 Issued by Registrar of Companies, Goa.
Aquarius Shipyard Pvt Ltd. Goa, an ISO 9001 company is one of the topmost Goan MSME shipyards in India. Located on Divar Island and Tivim, it is famous in the country and abroad for manufacturing world class ocean going sailing vessels and various kinds of other specialized boats in steel, rubber, wood, composite and aluminum for the civilian and military uses and all major ship yards in the country. Established in 1995 it has made more than 800 boats since inception and around 200 in the last five years itself including five 20-meter and seven 14-meter passenger ferries, most of which are operating in Goa. The yard is currently in the process of manufacturing a 40-meter steel catamaran vessel in its 70-meter-long dry dock and building specialized vessels like a portable cutter dredger which is ideal for dredging narrow creeks and rivers.
The product range from the Aquarius Shipyard stable is quite diverse starting from Multi hull boats (catamarans), commercial crafts, Rescue boats, Fast rescue crafts, Patrol boats, Rubber Inflatable Boats, Survey motor boat, Landing Craft, Work Boats, Radio Controlled Target Boats, Landing Craft Vehicle and Personnel, Fast Interceptor Craft, Speed Boats, dive boats and finally the only Indian company to build Ocean going meters Sailing yachts like the INSV Mhadei and Tarini which have circumnavigated the world three times and placed India on the world sailing charts. Shri Manohar Parikkar visited the yard for the Keel laying of INSV Tarini which was used by the Indian Navy all women team to circumnavigate the globe. An event felicitated by the Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for promoting Nari Shakti and Ocean Sailing in the country.
While boat building remains the shipyards strength, it is certified by IRS for manufacturing boats of composite structures, aluminum, steel and rubber upto 70 meters. The shipyard has won the Infusion molding innovation award from ICERP in year 2016 for its 3-dimensional resin infusion molding process. To build its boats, the yard uses various cutting-edge technology processes imported from Europe and indigenously developed like Vacuum Assisted Infusion Technique, Autoclave molding, Spray Layup, Low Pressure Resin Transfer molding, aluminum welding etc. AQUARIUS Shipyard has been granted worldwide recognized and distinctive certifications (ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 9001:2008) to ensure highest level of Quality Management for its clients as well as other stakeholders.
No matter what, AQUARIUS have always had the fidelity to their commencing point and passion to design and build pleasure and passenger craft for their prospective clients with enthusiasm.
CUSTOMER AND SOLUTION ORIENTED
AQUARIUS Shipyard ensures to provide “tailor made” solutions by listening its customers
CONTINOUS DEVELEOPMENT AND CHANGE
AQUARIUS Shipyard believes “continuous development and change” to assure highest quality and customer satisfaction
STRENGTH THROUGH PARTNERSHIP
AQUARIUS Shipyard believes in participation and involvement of customers and suppliers brings success with “win & win “strategy.
The most valuable asset of AQUARIUS Shipyard is its human resources. AQUARIUS Shipyard encourages “team play” to make impossible things possible.
AQUARIUS SHIPYARD’S INTEGRATED QUALITY MANAGEMENT POLICIES
AQUARIUS Shipyard’s main targets are to sustain and ensure to be leading shipyard uses cutting-edge technology by taking into consideration of the market needs and to sustain being reputable shipyard in shipbuilding industry through the modern project management applied in Ship Building, Refit and Integrated Logistics Support.
All of AQUARIUS Shipyard’s employees work to reach this target with their unconditional commitment to the existing laws, regulations and standards. AQUARIUS Shipyard believes efficient and high quality production can be done in a healthy and safe working atmosphere. AQUARIUS Shipyard’s basic principles are to prevent its employee’s health deterioration during working in the shipyard, to sustain Shipyard’s activities, production and services by avoiding environmental damages or taking necessary precautions to minimize environmental risks and to leave livable future to the next generations by raising awareness of its employees about environmental protection.
AQUARIUS Shipyard follows below stated policies in all of its works and activities;
• To provide training for employees, sub-contractors to be aware of their individual responsibilities about environmental protection, occupational health and safety.
• To ensure customer satisfaction.
• To prevent environmental pollution.
• To show performance in environmental protection, occupational health and safety beyond the legal and other requirements.
• To share mutual experiences and information about environmental protection, occupational health and safety with public, private sector and non-governmental organizations.
• To ensure constant improvement of Quality, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Systems performance.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
AQUARIUS Shipyard Board Members, General Manager and other managerial staff commit to the following liabilities intended for development, improvement and application of Environmental Policy as Part of Integrated Quality Management System:
• To fulfill the requirements of environmental compliance within the framework of Legislation and compliance with legal requirements and minimize environmental risks through efficient use of resources.
• To improve environmental management system in terms of continuous improvement of environmental performance, to set out environmental objectives and targets, to contribute to sustainable development by working to achieve the objectives and targets.
• To eliminate the potential environmental risks by determining environmental impacts.
• To raise awareness of our employees about environmental protection by giving training, to inform and ensure participation of all our employees.
• To ensure recycling the waste that occurs in our facilities.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
AQUARIUS Shipyard Managing Director, General Manager and other managerial staff commit to the following liabilities intended for development, improvement and application of occupational health and safety management systems:
• To provide safe and healthy working conditions to the employees in order to prevent occupational accidents and diseases.
• To conform to the applicable legal requirements regarding occupational health and safety.
• To plan proper training sessions to the employees regarding occupational health and safety rules and regulations.
• To include employees into the development processes of occupational health and safety.
• To provide continuous improvement.
• To plan and initiate official management reviews periodically and make evaluations.