About Aquarius Shipyard
Originally incorporated on February 24, 2000 as “Aquarius Fiberglass Private Limited” with the Registrar of Companies, Goa, Daman & Diu, the name of the Company was changed to ‘Aquarius Shipyard Private Limited’ on April 15, 2015 by the Registrar of Companies, Goa.
Aquarius Shipyard Pvt Ltd, an ISO 9001 MSME shipyard with production at two facilities located on Divar Island and Tivim at Goa has an enclosed area of 1500 Sq Meters with a 70 Meter dry dock and slipway. The yard has modern hard-standing and fabrication workshops including very comprehensive and fully equipped workshops for metal, carpentry, composite and painting shop. The yard also has fully enclosed and climate controlled composite facilities, well maintained stores, and training classrooms.
Established in 1995 , the product range from the Aquarius Shipyard stable is quite diverse starting from Multi hull boats (catamarans), commercial crafts, Rescue boats, Fast rescue crafts, Patrol boats, Rubber Inflatable Boats, Survey motor boat, Landing Craft, Work Boats, Radio Controlled Target Boats, Landing Craft Vehicle and Personnel, Fast Interceptor Craft, Speed Boats, dive boats and finally the only Indian company to build Ocean going meters Sailing yachts like the INSV Mhadei and Tarini which have circumnavigated the world three times and placed India on the world sailing charts.
Former Chief Minister of Goa, Shri Manohar Parikkar visited the yard for the Keel laying of INSV Tarini which was used by the ‘Indian Navy - All Women Team’ to circumnavigate the globe. An event felicitated by the Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for promoting Nari Shakti and Ocean Sailing in the country.
Aquarius Shipyard is certified by IRS for manufacturing boats of composite structures, aluminium, steel and rubber up to 70 meters. The shipyard has won the Infusion moulding innovation award from ICERP in year 2016 for its 3-dimensional resin infusion moulding process. To build its boats, the yard uses various cutting-edge technology processes imported from Europe and indigenously developed like Vacuum Assisted Infusion Technique, Autoclave moulding, Spray Layup, Low Pressure Resin Transfer moulding, aluminium welding etc. AQUARIUS Shipyard has been granted worldwide recognized and distinctive certifications (ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 9001:2008) to ensure highest level of Quality Management for its clients as well as other stakeholders.
Building quality boats with passion and continuous improvement at Aquarius Shipyard Pvt Ltd
CUSTOMER AND SOLUTION ORIENTED
AQUARIUS Shipyard ensures to provide “tailor made” solutions by listening its customers
CONTINOUS DEVELEOPMENT AND CHANGE
AQUARIUS Shipyard believes “continuous development and change” to assure highest quality and customer satisfaction
STRENGTH THROUGH PARTNERSHIP
AQUARIUS Shipyard believes in participation and involvement of customers and suppliers brings success with “win & win “strategy.
The most valuable asset of AQUARIUS Shipyard is its human resources. AQUARIUS Shipyard encourages “team play” to make impossible things possible.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
AQUARIUS Shipyard and all its staff are commit to the following liabilities intended for development, improvement and application of Environmental Policy as Part of Integrated Quality Management System:
• To fulfil the requirements of environmental compliance within the framework of Legislation and compliance with legal requirements and minimize environmental risks through efficient use of resources.
• To improve environmental management system in terms of continuous improvement of environmental performance and to set out environmental objectives and targets.
• To eliminate the potential environmental risks by determining environmental impacts.
• To raise awareness of our employees about environmental protection by giving training, to inform and ensure participation of all our employees.
• To ensure recycling the waste that occurs in our facilities.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The management at AQUARIUS Shipyard are committed for development, improvement and application of occupational health and safety management systems:
• To provide safe and healthy working conditions to the employees in order to prevent occupational accidents and diseases.
• To conform to the applicable legal requirements regarding occupational health and safety.
• To plan proper training sessions to the employees regarding occupational health and safety rules and regulations.
• To include employees into the development processes of occupational health and safety.
• To provide continuous improvement.
• To plan and initiate official management reviews periodically and make evaluations.